· Lawyer, Universidad de los Andes, 2008.
· Minor in Environmental Law, Universidad de Los Andes, 2009 –
· Postgraduate degree in Tax Legislation, School of Administration and Economics, Universidad Santiago de Chile, 2010.
· Diploma in Real Estate Law, Universidad de Los Andes, 2015.
· Master in Tax Management, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, 2020.
Spanish and English.
Real Estate and Urban Planning Law, Project Finance, Tax and Corporate Law.
Before joining Marinovic & Alcalde in 2019, he was a partner at Marinovic & Asociados from 2012 to 2019, and worked as a senior tax lawyer in the financial group of the Tax & Legal department at Deloitte Auditores y Consultores (2009-2011); and in the corporate and tax fields at Fontaine & Cía. (2011- 2012).
· Highlighted by his peers in the Best Lawyers ranking, 2022 and 2023, in Real Estate Law.
·Highlighted by The Legal 500 ranking “Chile Awards 2023” shortlisted in the “Real estate lawyer of the year” category, 2023, in Real Estate Law.
·Highlighted by The Legal 500 ranking in the “Leading individuals” category, 2023, in Real Estate Law.
·Highlighted by Chambers and Partners ranking in the “Up and Coming” category, 2023, in Real Estate Law.
·Highlighted by Chambers and Partners ranking in Band 4, 2024, in Real Estate Law.
·Highlighted by Leaders League ranking in the “Highly Recommended” category, 2023, in Real Estate Law.
Chambers and Partners – Real Estate 2024
“He is highly recommended by interviewees for his experience advising clients on various real estate matters in Chile, including the structuring and development of real estate projects“.
“He has a very good relationship with his clients and counterparties, complemented by his technical expertise and knowledge of the real estate business”.
“Juan Carlos Méndez is business-orientated, very committed to the client’s goals and objectives and has a thorough understanding of his area of specialty.”